Basin Environmental Ltd. is a growing environmental consulting company based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta. Basin offers environmental services to a diverse client base including oil and gas, transportation, land development, real-estate and telecommunication groups.
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER, Sherwood Park Office
This position will be responsible for managing projects, reporting, completing baseline environmental assessments, pre-approvals acquisition, environmental permitting, as well as environmental monitoring/inspection related field work associated with various projects throughout Alberta. Fieldwork could include timber, vegetation and soils assessments, site inspections, watercourse crossing assessments and other environmental fieldwork as required.
- Post-secondary education in Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science.
- Professional designation (P.Biol.) with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB).
- A minimum of five (5) years of work-related experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Knowledge of planning, land-use and environmental regulations/policies.
- Working knowledge of planning, land-use and environmental regulations/policies.
- Authenticating Wetland Professional under the Alberta Wetland Policy is an asset.
- Knowledge of working with different regulatory agencies: Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP), Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC), Indian Oil and Gas Commission (IOGC).
- Experience designing and planning projects using the Alberta Sensitive Species Inventory Guidelines, the AER's Directives 035 & 056, AEP's Wildlife Directives for both wind energy and solar energy projects.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- A valid driver's licence and clean driving record is required.
The position will be a full time position out of the Sherwood Park office and remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills. If you are interested in growing with a small environmental consulting company please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Darcy O’Brien at 780-910-0615 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org