Basin Environmental Ltd. is a growing environmental consulting company based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta. Basin offers environmental services to a diverse client base including oil and gas, transportation, solar, wind, land development, real-estate and telecommunication groups.
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
Wildlife/Wetland/Aquatic Specialist, Sherwood Park or Calgary Office
Under the general supervision of the senior staff, the applicant will be responsible for completing fieldwork associated with various projects throughout Alberta. Fieldwork could include: Pre-disturbance Site Assessment, Wildlife Surveys, Wetland Assessments, Habitat Evaluation, Enhanced Approval Process, EIA and Environmental Monitoring. Office work will include project management, environmental reporting and regulatory applications for dispositions on crown land.
- Post-secondary education in natural resource management or environmental sciences.
- Professional designation (P.Biol.) with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB) and Qualified Wetland Science Practitioner (QWSP – formerly Qualified Wetland Aquatic Environmental Specialist (QWAES).
- Qualified Aquatic Environmental Specialist (QAES) an asset but not required
- A minimum of five (5) years of work-related experience.
- Experience with field activities and technical report writing
- Knowledge of planning, land-use and environmental regulations/policies.
- Strong communication and scientific writing skills.
- A valid driver's licence and clean driving record is required.
The position will be a full time position out of the Sherwood Park or Calgary office and remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills. If you are interested in growing with a small environmental consulting company please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Darcy O’Brien at 780-910-0615 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org